Binta Masi Garba
Founder BMG Foundation
Sen. Binta Masi Garba is a businesswoman, an administrator and a philanthropist. Senator Rrepresenting Adamawa North Senatorial District of Adamawa State 2015-2019.
She served as Chairperson, Adamawa State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), becoming the first female State Chairperson of a registered major political party in Nigeria.
Senator Binta served in the Federal House of Representatives for three different terms – 1999 to 2011. She is the first and only politician to represent two different federal constituencies of two different states.
In 2009, she was elected as the first Vice President of Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) under Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) in Cameroon.
In 2005, Senator Binta was the only female Senator elected in all the 19 Northern states of the federation. In addition, she was also the only female delegate from Adamawa State that attended the 2014 National Conference in Abuja.
- Senator Binta Masi Garba has won several awards, they include:
- Jaycees International Young Person Role Model Award 2002;
- PRS – The Women of Merit Gold Award;
- Prime International – Women in Leadership Merit Award May 2002;
- Association of Market Women and Men, Abuja Role Model Award Sept 2002;
- Dame Publication – Nigerian Women Award (Role Model) – 2002;
- National Women Mobilization Committee Award – our Jewel (NAWOMCO);
- Leadership Distinction Award (Most Distinguished Representatives);
- Valuable Contribution to Development of Parliamentary Democracy in Nigeria Award;
- NCWS; Meritorious Award – 2016;
- Northern Youth Advocacy for Peace & Development;
- WAELE/ARCELFA Pride of African Woman Award – 2016;
- National Lyrics & Singers Union Merit Award;
- Christian Association of Nigeria Youth Wing – 2016;
- Leadership Legislative Award (LLA) Senator of the Year Adamawa State – 2016;
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology – Yola Award of Excellence – 2016;
- Northeast Star Magazine Media Merit Award Best Female Politician of the Year – 2017;
- Sheroes Foundation Outstanding Leadership Award – 2017;
- Association of Female Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria; and
- Award of Recognition for selfless Service to Humanity – 2017.